Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy narrates how you may use Symbiotic properties and all attendant services (collectively, the “Services”). This Acceptable Use Policy is a part of and is governed by our Terms of Service, which you have agreed applies to you. We may change the Acceptable Use Policy from time to time without notice by posting changes here. This policy is served both standalone and as an addendum to any PaaS agreements that may be executed in writing physically.
Our Services may be used only for lawful purposes and may not be used for any illegal, improper or abusive activities. You may not use the Service in a manner contrary to the requirements set by ourselves, a network operator, regulator or self-regulatory body.
If you violate (or if we have reason to believe that you have violated) the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, in addition to our available remedies described in the Terms of Service, we may investigate the incidents that we believe are contrary to this Acceptable Use Policy and following written notice from third parties, we may provide requested information to affected and / or oversight third parties. Limited access or absolute termination of your access to our services and platforms may be invoked, with no refunds on service fees (if paid upfront), and the withholding of any monies due on revenue share or otherwise from services that may have been running, until the matter has been brought to logical legal conclusion.
Our failure to enforce this policy does not amount to a waiver of our rights.
The following list gives examples of uses of the Services that are illegal, abusive, interfering or otherwise unacceptable or inappropriate. This list is provided by way of example and is not exhaustive.
- Adversely impacting the availability, reliability, or stability of our services.
- Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of our services.
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the services or using the services in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to us, to any user of our services, or to any of our or their respective customers.
- Testing or reverse-engineering the services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities.
- Using the services in any manner that may subject us or any third party to liability, damages or danger.
- Altering, damaging or destroying the records you are responsible to keep.
- Using the Services in any manner that violates the Mobile Marketing Association guidelines and/or best practices, carrier guidelines, or any other applicable industry standards.
- Using your account to engage in fraudulent activity with respect to third parties or otherwise bypass legitimate identification systems.
- Engaging in spamming or other unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including, by way of example, any activities that violate anti-spamming laws and regulations
- On-boarding mobile subscriber particulars on services for which the users have not subscribed directly, whether free, sponsored or premium.
- Using the Services in connection with any unsolicited or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise) including but not limited to unsolicited or unwanted phone calls SMS or text messages
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses or phone numbers, from our services outside any legally binding agreement or requirement by the regulator or other such competent authority
- Creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call using your account.
- Using the services, or a component of the services, in a manner not authorized by us.
- Engaging in activities or transmitting through our services any information that contains “inappropriate content”. Inappropriate Content means, but is not limited to, content that:
- Is libelous or defamatory or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Is fraudulent.
- Contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs.
- Interferes with or disrupts networks connected to the services or violates the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Promotes, markets or otherwise relates to illegal activities.
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright or rights of publicity or otherwise violates, infringes on, or misappropriates the rights of any third party.
If you have any issues concerning this policy, you are welcome to get in touch with us through the email – legal [at] symbiotic.co.ke or call us on +254 20 359 6305